For more information and to experience one of our Intuitive Parts Catalogues Click here
Early in 2003 Triumph Motorcycles Limited needed to find a new, effective way to deliver its latest parts, service and maintenance information to its dealers and at the same time they wanted to implement a dealer portal. By deploying Present's Distributed Network Management and Parts Information Solution, to integrate all dealer processes and parts catalogues in a single web based application, Triumph Motorcycles has increased spare parts sales, decreased parts errors and improved dealer productivity.
Challenges : Improving Productivity/Processes and Profits.
- Increase spare parts sales.
- Decrease part order errors and stock outages.
- Reduce delays (3-6 months) for dealers to receive product updates/service and maintenance information.
- Decrease cost by producting electronic, technical and parts information in-house.
- Migration of existing CD based system.
Solution : Distributed Network Management with Integrated EPC
We created a Solution based on our Distributed Network Management Platform to provide Triumph Motorcycles with exactly what they needed, yet at the same time we were able to implement a Global Dealer Network portal for the integration of future processes (vehicle ordering, warranty, servicing and first registration).
We also supplied an in-house environment for managing all the technical data associated with the parts catalogues. Information from different systems and format sources was integrated using our middleware platform, intelligently linked and delivered to Triumph's dealer network via the Web.
Using this solution, Triumph were able to recognise their growth targets and at the same time reduce the cost of delivery to the dealers.
Users can quickly identify parts using equipment serial number, model and/or attribute-based filtering.
Using online tools the dealers can deliver to their customers precise and itemised quotes for parts and services based on accurate pricing, which is delivered globally within the local currency of the dealer anywhere in the world.
Integration with existing order management systems enables replenishment directly from the OEM.
Users can bookmark and dynamically modify OEM-supplied product support content with their own best practices. Parts modifications carry over into all relevant service and assembly instructions. Conversely, the collaboration functionality allows Triumph Motorcycles to use dealer-supplied feedback for new product development and improved technical support.
Benefits : Increased Parts Sales, Lower Costs, Stronger Dealer and Customer Relationships
- Increases spare parts sales through integration of online parts ordering system with product support content.
- Reduces incorrect parts orders through advanced parts search capabilities and integrated order management system as well as parts supersession and alternative parts.
- Decreases information preparation costs by utilising electronic, in-house production and delivery of technical content using self management tools.
- One-touch publication of new products and changes to existing products.
- Increases dealer productivity by delivering updated product support content in an electronic, easy-to-use application that reduces the time service technicians spent searching for the right information, giving them more time for actual repairs.
- Improves the dealers' customer satisfaction and loyalty by helping them provide accurate diagnostics and work quotations and correctly completing the repair the first time.